Sunday, November 7, 2010

viii

Dear Louise-across-the-world,

It has been a whale day again. The sea has been holding itself hard blue and reckless, tight against the sky. A cold bear blue and polar caps. I woke from dreams of searching stark rooms and lay looking out and over. As gulls were blown about and pelicans imponderably did their thing. Drifting and wondering if they were hypnopompic humps once more but lo, those extraordinary tails exist in crisp seconds that do my head in. That I am here in a life, in a world where one wakes to whales out one's window. Propped on an elbow I play the game - where next? Whitecap or whale? And Huxley pushes his head through the arm triangle - always worthier.

Even in the kitchen, along that front - more whales and tails until disconcertingly I want them to be done, to go - the risk seems too great to be showing off such capacities for joy and life in plain sight.

Lemur nights and moss dreams dearheart.

Love,
Paeony
X

4 comments:

  1. Whales outside your window? *wistful* perhaps one day I will have my hermitage by the sea and will have whales ....

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellie dearest one - how nice to see you here. How often you are in my thoughts I cannot tell you. Whaley hugs for you my friend, that smell briny fresh. I have been away and dashing around to sort things and make the nest mine once more.
    More hugs,
    P
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no risk involved in recognizing the capacities for joy and life ever; there really isn't.

    Lemur nights and whales-in-things always,
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me smile, dearheart, always.

    X

    ReplyDelete